Friday, February 13, 2009

Unfrogettable Valentine

A friend of mine asked the question recently: "What was your first Valentine's day with your husband?" This was something I hadn't thought about in a long time. It was so nice to dig back in my memories to that special time.

He made the plans and we headed up to a ski resort for the weekend. I don't ski, but instead we went snowshoeing, which I really love. It gets you out into nature and it's great exercise! Anyway, we had so much fun. The resort had special things going on for the weekend, so we were able to take part in the festivities and enjoy our time together. And we had a romantic dinner at the lodge!

This year, my sailor is off in the middle of the ocean, so our Valentine's Day is long distance. Luckily with the modern technology, we are able to email just about daily. And I sent him a Valentine's care package which arrived to him earlier this week. And here is the card I made him this year.

I didn't have the right sentiment to use, so instead I printed this off the computer in a fun font. I do love these frogs, as you can tell. I seem to go back to them often.
I sponged the primas to give them a two-tone color effect. And I found that I had the perfect 'RainDots' for the occasion, and used a heart on my Prince's chest :)


Set: Unfrogettable (SU)
Accessories: Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery, Rose Red, Brocade Blue Classic Inks and cardstocks, Confetti White cardstock, Black Stazon, Computer Generated Sentiment, White Gel Pen, Sponge, Primas, Rhinestones, RainDots, Ziggy, SU Markers, Bluebird Grosgrain


No comments: