Monday, July 14, 2008

In Sympathy

My sister-in-law's grandfather passed away earlier in the month. He was such a sweet man. A veteran of the US Military. Loved by so many and will be greatly missed.

This is the card that I made for her.


It's never easy to say good-bye. My niece is taking it hard. My father passed away last August and another of her great-grandfather's passed not to long before that. She's feeling the loss and holding on tight to my sister-in-law's father now, since she understands that he's the only Papa she has now. She'll be 6 in September. The hearts of the little are big!




Stamp Set: Long-Time Friend, Warmest Regards
Paper: Bordering Blue, Night of Navy, Really Rust (Textured), Whisper White, Apple Cider DP
Accessories: StazOn, Koh-I-Noor pencils, Navy Grosgrain, Vintage Brads

8 comments:

Cris A said...

Katie, your cards are so pretty! I love the anniversary card!

Anonymous said...

This is a very beautiful and thoughtful sympathy card!
I am sure it will make the recipient feel comforted.

Jennifer Murai said...

Very nice colors. I like that set and you did a nice job with it.

Mary said...

A lovely card for giving as a Sympathy card.

Mary

Jennifer said...

Beautiful coloring on this card, love it!

Michele Cronsell said...

This is a beautiful card.

Dragana Skoro said...

I like this card... It's soothing.

Anonymous said...

Another hit! You are so very talented!