Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Japanese JOY!

This card has been in the works for a while. First I had to hunt down the meaning of the Kanji, and thank you to Jane (Whoopsie daisy) and others on SCS, I now know it means JOY!! I've marked it on my stamp block so I'll never have to look for the meaning again!





I love the Kimono set, but find it really hard to use...make sense?? Anyway, the washi paper I chose reminded me of kimono fabric, so I placed it as though it was draping across the card.




I took a paintbrush and the gold metallic paint and brushed the edge of the Whisper White to give it 'something'. And I used blossoms on the background in two shades.

Sets used: Kimono and Art of the Orient
Supplies: Blush Blossom, Whisper White & Brushed Gold cardstocks with Washi Paper. Gold cording, Gold EP and the Tearing Edge.






5 comments:

Lizette said...

Funny, I've been to your blog I don't know how many times and I never knew that your black kitty is interactive ! It even meowed at me. Too funny.
Great card, the gold is perfect ! I really like the colours you've used. Pretty card.

Anonymous said...

I love your kimono card. I have been searching for that set to go with my Kanji and Oriental Brushstrokes. Let me know if you wanna image swap!

Anonymous said...

OH, all the different layers and textures are wonderful!

Judy Rozema said...

Beautiful card! The paper looks great!!

Mary Dawn said...

i'd totally hand this on my wall! it's beautiful