Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Happy Place

Hello all, life has a way of getting away from me, I have still yet to start my Christmas cards! Yikes. Better get a start on those....plus, for some reason the computer wasn't allowing me to upload cards/pictures, so that is fixed now.

Anyway, my hubby had back surgery on his birthday at the end of October and this is the card I made him. I figured that he could use a happy place while in all that discomfort. Inside has the birthday wishes, of course.

I found a bit of inspiration on SCS for this card. I just love this set.
JeanneS had one that was pretty similar with the two-toned trees, that I liked.


I used the Zindorf way of brayering my background, goodness I like that....and added the rhinestones for those precious diamonds in the sky.


Yesterday was our anniversary and no, I didn't make him a card for that. Just no time. I need time to stop for a while, so that I can catch up. But, before I start on Christmas cards, my little guy turns one ON Thanksgiving, so I have to make him a special card to celebrate that day.

Have a great week!!

Stamps: Cute Converse, Happy Camper
Accessories: Brocade Blue, Whisper White, Night of Navy and Going Grey cardstocks. Rhinestones, brayer.



Blog Siggy2

5 comments:

Grace said...

Oh my... you have lots of events coming up! First your card for your hubby is fantastic! Love the brayering and the scene you created! Happy Birthday to your little guy! They grow up so quickly! And... finally... happy Thanksgiving!!!

kat said...

Great card Katie, very very and peaceful. I can't believe Garrett will be 1 soon. Where did the time go.

Gina Lindsay said...

Great card, I love the "diamonds" in the sky, very creative! Hope your hubby is recovering fast. I've had 5 back surgeries so I know it takes a while to feel back to normal--make sure he doesn't over do it!

The Mama Monkey said...

Love your background; that Zindorf technique is addicting, isn't it?!!

Stephanie said...

I haven't watched it in a few years, but your card reminded me of Grey's Anatomy....great job!! and holy smokes, a year already!! I hope you post some pictures of the little guy on his big day :)