Friday, August 28, 2009

Tropical Birthday

Thinking about all the kids going back to school and the fact that fall is right around the corner, I thought I would make my latest birthday card more tropical. One of the gals in my blogger group is celebrating her birthday this week, and hoping that she has it in hand now, or soon...I thought I would post it up for you. Happy Birthday Kim:Ozziepuddles.



This is one of SUs retired sets that I just love and don't use often enough. I pulled out some retired colors to go with it, why not, right? I stamped the flowers and the leaf in the color I wanted and then restamped (using my ol' Stamp A Ma Jig) in Versamark so that I could clear emboss them. I know I could've done the easier route and just put the Versmark all over the image but then it would have embossed all the white spots and I wanted those clear. And then I popped them up. I also embossed the tree.



I stamped the sentiment right on the twill and sponged some color around the tree.

Set: Do The Hula, Warmest Regards
Accessories: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Pink Pirouette, Cool Caribbean cardstocks/inks, Pink Pirouette ribbon, Certainly Celery Twill, Clear EP, Ticket Corner Punch, Markers and Sponges.


Blog Siggy2

3 comments:

kat said...

Love it, the colours are so soft. I hate the thought that summer is almost over. We didn't get much of a summer this year.

peggysue said...

Retired set, retired colors, for a very retro tropical looking card, I like it!

Stephanie said...

what a fun card - love the look!! I can't believe summer is over and that I've needed a jacket the past two mornings :(